GLAM SLAM Bring the clothing you no longer want, and leave with new-to-you-gear!
Minneapolis, MN GAMUT GALLERY PRESENTS: GLAM SLAM The Clothing Swap Dress-up Photo Shoot Party
HOW IT WORKS
1) Bring clothing you no longer want
- all sizes, styles, and seasons of men’s and women’s wearable goods welcome
- try stuff on, aka “play dress-up!”
- step into the photo booth to capture your good looks
2) Leave with new-to-you gear!
- bring a bag or two to carry home your swap findings
- except for the real gems (which will we store for the next Glam Slam), all the left over gear will be donated to charity
Glam Slam reflects Gamut Gallery’s values of community, the art of the happening and eco-consciousness. Recycling clothing into a swap saves room in a landfill as well as resources for new garments. Bringing people together for happenings that create moments for diverse groups of people to interact with one another builds community. The gallery began with these intentions on June 9th, 2012, with a grand opening, multimedia event attended by over five hundred people and an official Northern Spark Festival location. Now they are nominated for the City Page’s “Best Art Gallery.”